Tuesday 3 May 2011

3rd May 2011 (imported from old blog)

I used the 'About Us' page to briefly refer to future projects that the Bread & Fishy Co. hope to embark upon, and it is becoming clear to me that these are significantly more complex than making hanging Bible verse signs (not that I don't think these have their place in the overall picture). It is with slightly mixed feelings that I must report the return of a certain spoon named Bob - a character born many years ago during a week at Spring Harvest in Skegness.

Although created as a bit of a joke, he featured his way through various stories and cartoons that circled the internet, until I considered using him for something a bit more important. However, due to lack of time and motivation, his very first proper illustrated children's book - complete with Christian message - was left uncompleted. I am now older, and feeling more capable of achieving what I originally set out to do; which is to bring something different to both the Sunday school and children's home Bible study market. I'm not going to go into too much detail, but it will definitely involve a collaboration with individuals who are experienced teachers in both schools and churches. Thankfully, God has put me in a place where I have these connections all around me, and therefore the ability to actually make it happen. I'm pretty excited, but it's going to take an awful lot of time and hard work to get to the point of considering publication. So, in the meantime, please enjoy the hanging signs and other gifty-things that I'll be making, and keep the Bread & Fishy Co's long term projects in your prayers.

Lots of love xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment