Tuesday 17 May 2011

17th May 2011 (imported from old blog)

I can't believe how quickly the weeks are flying past....little Isaac is eight months old already! I don't want to be one of those people who rabbit on and on about how wonderful motherhood is, but I'm just permanently in shock at how this amazing person has developed right before my eyes.

The dreaded day has arrived where I have to actually start thinking about properly babyproofing everything! Alas, Isaac has suddenly gotten very good at crawling (albeit backwards) towards all the candles, flowers and other things that used to live on the hearth. I now understand why a lovely couple I was talking to at church said: "Shelves! SHELVES! You'll be wanting shelves up everywhere!"

I'm so excited about what the future has in store for us. I feel like I've been saved from all these plans I made years and years ago that I've been clinging onto for dear life in order to be 'successful'. It took Isaac coming along to make me step back and recognise that these were MY plans...plans I never consulted God about. I know it's early days, but right now, things are far more fulfilling than I could ever have imagined.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment